On behalf of the Organizing Committee and the International Scientific Committee, we welcome you to the 10th European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring (10th EWSHM). This Workshop represents a forum where experts from around the world discuss the latest advancements and breakthroughs in the field of SHM and more broadly in the fields of nondestructive evaluation, smart materials and intelligent systems. The Workshop fosters the discussion and identification of key and emerging challenges and opportunities in research, development, and field applications.
In response to the very latest developments of the COVID-19 outbreak and the busy calendar of events scheduled for year 2021, it has been decided to postpone the 10th European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring to the first week of July 2022. Same great city, Palermo, in the beautiful Island of Sicily (Italy).
With this latest development, the following adjustments were made:
- The Authors of the accepted abstracts can submit their conference paper for a Special Collection to be published by November 2020. The Volume will be indexed in Scopus and Web of Science. The conference paper published in this 2020 Volume edition will be free of charge. Once the Volume is published, Springer will send to the corresponding Authors, a password protected link to gain free access to the electronic version of the Volume for a limited amount of time. The new timeline to submit the draft conference paper is July 15th 2020 with final (i.e. after peer-review) paper submission including copyright of September 30th
- The papers for the special collection must be submitted through the Springer portal at https://ocs.springer.com/misc/home/EWSHM2020.
- The publication in this 2020 Special Collection will NOT be included in the 2022 program, for which a new call for abstracts will be released in mid/late 2021. Additionally, the publication in this 2020 Special Collection does not entitle for discounted registration fees for the 2022 event.
- All current active registrations will be transferred automaticallyfree of charge and without being subjected to any future increases in the registration fees. If you do not wish to transfer your registration to the EWSHM 2022, cancellation requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th , 2020. After this date, no refund will be processed.
- All exhibit space and sponsorships will be transferred automatically free of charge and without being subjected to any future increases in Sponsorship rates. We will contact you directly to confirm your continued participation. If you do not wish to transfer your sponsorship to the EWSHM 2022 event, please visit http://www.ewshm2020.com/exhibitors-sponsors for guidelines.
Finally, we want to thank the ongoing support of exhibitors, sponsors, special session organizers, and attendees who showed continued support amid this World crisis. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you all in 2022.
Piervincenzo Rizzo, Ph.D.
University of Pittsburgh, USA email@example.com
Alberto Milazzo, Ph.D.
University of Palermo, Italy firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the patronage of: